The calculation of the energy performance and the energy performance certificate for residential and non-residential buildings must be drawn up by:
- compulsory members of the Order of Architects and Consulting Engineers (Ordre des Architectes et des Ingénieurs-Conseils - OAI);
- or natural or legal persons accredited by the Minister of the Economy.
These documents are drawn up following a method of calculation based on:
- the calculated energy needs, in the case of residential buildings and new non-residential buildings;
- the measured energy consumption, in the case of existing non-residential buildings.
Compulsory members of the OAI are allowed to draw up these documents for all types of buildings, whereas persons accredited by the Minister of the Economy may draw up these documents for residential buildings and existing non-residential buildings.
In order to receive accreditation to accomplish technical tasks of study and control in the field of energy, applicants must comply with a certain number of conditions and send an application to the Minister of the Economy.
The Ministry of the Economy offers training courses on the Grand-Ducal regulations on the energy performance of residential and non-residential buildings (LuxEeB training courses).
Experts who have attended these courses appear on the lists of experts published on the Business Portal.
Carry out your procedure:
By downloading a form
- Agrément pour le calcul de la performance énergétique et établissement du certificat de performance énergétique d'un bâtiment
All natural and legal persons may apply for accreditation to the Minister of the Economy.
- be morally, technically and financially independent from the mission that will be entrusted to them;
- provide proof of suitable technical or professional training;
- provide proof of a satisfactory knowledge of the regulations on the technical tasks that will be entrusted to them, as well as sufficient practical experience of these tasks;
- have suitable technical means and, where applicable, the necessary personnel to accomplish the tasks required to perform their mission in an appropriate manner;
- have access to the material and information which are necessary to perform their mission properly;
- have the required skills to draw up the certificate, report or official report which constitute the material result of the studies and verifications made;
- take out professional contractual and extra-contractual third-party liability insurance.
New application for accreditation
Applicants must send the duly completely accreditation application form, with the following documents:
- where applicable, a copy of the publication of the articles of association of the legal person (in Appendix I);
- a copy of the professional third-party liability insurance contract, for all types of damages, covering contractual and extra-contractual liability for a minimum amount of EUR 1,240,000 (with, where applicable, a minimum amount of EUR 500,000 for intangible damages) (in Appendix II);
- proof of the approved diplomas received and, where applicable, a list of the courses attended showing the completion of an appropriate number of courses relating to the energy performance of buildings (in Appendix III);
- proof of knowledge of the regulations regarding the technical tasks concerned by the application (e.g. LuxeeB training courses organised by the Ministry of the Economy) (in Appendix IV);
- a list referencing the works/missions recently conducted in relation with the competence(s) applied for (in Appendix V).
Renewal or modification of the accreditation
The accreditation expires after 5 years. The approved expert must apply for the renewal of his accreditation at least 3 months prior to its expiration and attach a copy of a professional third-party liability insurance contract.
He may request the modification of his accreditation any time by joining the same documents as for a new application for accreditation.
List of accredited experts who have completed a LuxEeb training course
The Ministry of the Economy publishes the following lists of experts who have completed one of the LuxEeB training courses:
- the list of experts who have completed the LuxEeB training course on residential buildings;
- the list of experts who have completed the LuxEeB training course on new non-residential buildings;
- the list of experts who have completed the LuxEeB training course on existing non-residential buildings;
Experts who have not attended these trainings do not appear on these lists.
The use of the LuxEeB-H-tool software is restricted to authorised experts namely, those whose profession is defined by the legal framework of the Order of Architects and Consulting Engineers (Ordre des Architectes et Ingénieurs-Conseils – OAI) and people with a ministerial approval for the establishment of energy performance certificates of a residential building.
However, any interested person can download the software and use it in its demo version. It is not necessary in this case to apply for a license and the software can be activated with the password "demo".