The Licensing Office is a department under the Ministry of the Economy.
It is responsible for the implementation of the regime governing the import, export and transit of goods.
The Licensing Office is namely responsible for:
- the establishment of import, export and transit licences and surveillance documents, etc.;
- the application of export controls on dual-use goods and weapons and equipment for military use (strategic/sensitive products);
- the establishment and validation of certificates required for international cooperation;
- the collection of taxes, guarantee deposits and withdrawals which fall under its responsibility;
- the establishment of export certificates for agro-food products and applications for restitutions;
- the implementation of embargo on certain products;
- the statistics on operations under its responsibility.
19-21, boulevard Royal
BP 113 / L-2011 Luxembourg
Phone (+352) 22 61 62
Fax (+352) 46 61 38