The the missions of the Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (created with the fusion of the CRP Henri Tudor and the CRP Gabriel Lippmann) are to contribute to improve and strengthen the innovation capabilities of businesses and public organisations, for which it proposes a large sample of services and activities:
- applied and experimental research;
- doctoral research;
- development of tools, methodologies, labels, certifications and norms;
- technological assistance, consultancy and watch services;
- transfer of knowledge.
Training and high level qualifications complete this offer. Over 200 training courses, available from a catalogue, are provided to professionals every year.
Its activities are directed mainly towards the following scientific and technological areas:
- information and communications technologies;
- materials technologies;
- business organisation and management;
- environmental technologies;
- health technologies.