The Children's Future Fund (Caisse pour l'avenir des enfants - CAE) is the family allowance fund in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg. The CAE is a public institution under the Ministry of Family Affairs, Integration and the Greater Region (ministère de la Famille, de l'Intégration et à la Grande Région), and is responsible for the management of family, birth and back-to-school allowances. It is also responsible for managing parental leave.
The CAE has issued the following recommendations in order to ensure an optimal processing of files and requests:
- in the event of contact by phone:
- the case number must be at hand; it is the social security number indicated either on the letters from the CAE, or on the bank statements indicating related payments;
- specific questions must be addressed to the dedicated case manager. If the case manager's direct number is not known, the telephone reception desk can forward the call to the person in charge;
- in the event of contact by post:
- the case number must be indicated in every mail;
- each request must be signed by hand and sent by post;
- all mandatory and requested documents must be sent together in one envelope (e.g. household composition, birth certificate, etc.);
- always use the same method to send documents to the CAE (by post, fax or email);
- emails must only be sent to one recipient.
The initial processing time of a case may vary between 2-3 months. It is recommended to wait that amount of time before sending a complaint or contacting the CNPF by phone.
Each document sent will in principle reach the CAE and it is not necessary to enquire whether the documents have been received.
Reception desk34, avenue de la Porte Neuve
Phone: (+352) 47 71 53-1Fax: (+352) 47 71 53 - 328 and for matters concerning parental leave only: (+352) 47 71 53 - 348Call centre open from 09.00 - 11.30 and from 13.30 - 16.00, Front office open from 09.00 - 14.00