The tasks of the National Roads Authority (Administration des ponts et chaussées) are:
- to build and maintain the public road network; to carry out high road network projects financed by the Roads Fund;
- to operate the high road network and manage traffic.
The National Roads Authority is also responsible for:
- building and maintaining barriers and civil engineering structures;
- building and maintaining the infrastructures at the airport and the port of Mertert;
- setting up bus lanes;
- and developing the national cycle path network.