Some consumers and businesses are reluctant to use foreign service providers as they are unaware of the requirements that foreign service providers must meet in their country of origin.
In order to properly inform and enable them to compare service offers on EU level, Luxembourg provides assistance in gathering information on these topics.
Resident businesses and consumers may obtain information from the following Luxembourg bodies and administrations:
Competent bodies & administrations
Businesses established in Luxembourg can contact:
- either Enterprise Europe Network at the Chamber of Skilled Trades and Crafts (Chambre des Métiers);
- or the House of Entrepreneurship – One-Stop Shop, an initiative by the Luxembourg Chamber of Commerce.
Consumers living in Luxembourg may contact:
Businesses and consumers who are purchasing cross border services can obtain general information on:
- mandatory requirements for service providers in their home country (e.g. if the foreign service provider is subject to a business permit in his home country or if he is subject to specific business-related qualifications to carry out his trade or profession etc.);
- possible means of recourse in the event of a dispute between the supplier and the recipient of the services;
- the contact details for associations or organisations providing assistance in the Member State of the service provider.
L-1347 - Luxembourg-Kirchberg
Postal box B.P. 1604 / L-1016
Fax: (+352) 42 67 87
L-1468 - Luxembourg
from 8.30 to 17.30