This exceptional scheme concerning financial aid capped at EUR 200,000 is intended for businesses which, due to their size or activity, do not fall within the scope of one of the other aid mechanisms of the financial aid scheme applicable to small and medium-sized businesses.
Aid is granted in the form of a capital subsidy or interest subsidy.
Applications for financial aid are to be submitted to the General Directorate for SMEs and Entrepreneurship at the Ministry of the Economy.
Carry out your procedure:
By downloading a form
- Aide en faveur des classes moyennes
This aid is in principle intended for all businesses with a business permit granted by the General Directorate for SMEs and Entrepreneurship. It is specifically intended for businesses which do not qualify for other types of aid available to SMEs, such as:
- the liberal professions required to obtain a business permit;
- commercial or craft businesses with more than 250 employees.
However, the following are excluded from the scope of application of this financial aid scheme:
- activities associated with the export business with respect to the quantities exported, the implementation and operation of a distribution network or other current expenses associated with export activity;
- activities associated with providing transport services for others with respect to investments in road transport vehicles;
- industrial businesses.
Eligible investments are:
- investments in tangible fixed assets: investments in tangible fixed assets relating to the creation of a new business, the extension or modernisation of an existing business or the starting up of an activity that involves fundamental changes to the product or production process of an existing business.
Taking over a business that has closed down or that would have closed down were it not for the takeover qualifies as an eligible investment but the aid may not be allocated more than once to the same economic entity over a period of 10 years;
- investments in intangible fixed assets: investments in a technology transfer by acquiring patents, licences, know-how or unpatented knowledge.
To benefit from aid falling under the 'de minimis' scheme, the business must:
Aid must be requested, on pain of ineligibility, within a period of 2 years from the payment of the expenses for which aid is requested.
Submitting the application
Aid is paid out after completion of the investment programme and on presentation of the following supporting documents:
- invoices and proof of payments (e.g. bank statements);
- in certain cases, a business plan or equivalent documents or measures proving the viability of the project and the reliability of its promoters.
Amount of financial aid
The degree of aid granted to large businesses is the same as the rates applicable to SMEs provided that the gross amount of aid granted to the beneficiary business does not exceed EUR 200,000 over a period of 3 years from the date on which investment aid was last granted to this business.
Beneficiaries must reimburse all or part of the aid received if they transfer or dispose of the investment financed with said aid within 10 years following the investment.
B.P. 535 - L-2937 - Luxembourg
Fax: (+352) 247-74701