Education and care service providers (SEA establishments - Service d'éducation et d'accueil) have to apply for recognition as a chèque-service accueil service provider in order for the children in their care to benefit from this state aid.
All SEA establishments with ministerial accreditation can become a chèque-service accueil service provider.
Before an SEA establishment is recognised as a chèque-service accueil service provider, its manager must apply for a ministerial accreditation at the Department for Education and Care (Service de l'éducation et de l'accueil) at the Ministry for Education, Children and Youth (ministère de l’Education nationale, de l’Enfance et de la Jeunesse).
The applicant must also meet the following requirements:
- creation of an educational concept which must be compliant with the public service mission and which consists in:
- strengthening social diversity and integration of the children on the level of the local community in the Luxembourg society;
- support the children's enrolment in a Luxembourg primary school;
- implement a general concept of action that is compliant with the national reference framework. The national "non-formal education of children and young people" reference framework sets out the general objectives and basic pedagogical principles to be implemented by SEAs, parental assistants and youth services;
- respect the conditions of plurilingual education (for the SEA hosting children from 1 to 3 years), i.e. appointing a pedagogical referent and hire 10% of additional staff;
- accept a visit from a regional representative of the National Youth Service. The objective of the visit is to inform the SEA on the steps to be taken in developing the quality of reception and to check whether the educational practice corresponds to its general concept of action;
- comply with the requirements in terms of continuing vocational training - 32 hours of mandatory training per person over 2 years. The content of this training must be consistent with the national reference framework (controlled by the regional representative);
- keep a logbook that reflects the implementation of the SEA's general concept of action through its educational practice (controlled by the regional representative);
- meet, at all times, the conditions of good repute, the language requirements, the ratio of teaching staff, comply with the tasks and professional qualifications required from the staff, as provided for by the accreditation issued to the SEA.
The pedagogical project must describe how the SEA intends to implement the public service mission related to the chèque-service accueil scheme, and which consists in:
- strengthening social diversity and integration of children on the local community level in the Luxembourg society;
- support the enrolment of the child into the Luxembourg primary school system;
The educational project must contain a description of the effective involvement of the establishment at the level of the local Luxembourg community and its role as an integrated player in the social network.
It must also describe the establishment's place in its environment and develop the actions undertaken to strengthen ties with external partners.
The Ministry of Education, Children and Youth analyses and validates the pedagogical project.
The general concept of action
The general concept of action describes the methodological choices, priorities and pedagogical means that are implemented at the local level in order to comply with the national frame of reference.
The general concept of action must contain:
- the general concept of work with children or young people, including adapting the general objectives and basic pedagogical principles of the frame of reference to the local or regional context;
- the modalities of self-assessment;
- the areas in which the service will develop specific projects to ensure quality teaching;
- the staff training plan.
The General Concept of Action Handbook is available online.
The general concept of action is developed for a period of 3 years. The National Youth Service analyses the general concept of action and the Minister of Education, Children and Youth validates it.
Application for recognition
The manager must prepare a file containing all the documentary evidence attesting compliance with the prerequisites.
All other documents in the file, including the pedagogical project, should be sent by post to the Ministry of Education, Children and Youth.
Managers who apply for accreditation as an SEA establishment can simultaneously submit the application for recognition in order to become a chèque-service accueil service provider. Required documents which are identical for both applications, i.e. the application for SEA accreditation in Luxembourg and the application for recognition to become a chèque-service accueil service provider, do not need to be sent in duplicate.
The recognition to become a chèque-service accueil service provider will be issued as soon as all prerequisites are met. Recognition is granted by the Minister of Education, Children and Youth.
L-1118 - Luxembourg
Postal box Postal adress: L-2926 Luxembourg
from Monday to Friday from 8.30 to 11.30 and from 14.00 to 17.00