Managers of a drinking establishment can appoint an assistant manager responsible for selling alcoholic beverages in the absence of the manager.
The application for sub-management must be submitted to the 'Licensed premises department' (Service Cabaretage) of the Customs and Excise Agency.
Carry out your procedure:
By downloading a form
- Demande de sous-gérance
The application for sub-management must be submitted by the declared manager of the drinking establishment.
Every EU citizen, resident in Luxembourg or not, can become assistant manager in a licensed drinking establishment.
Third-country nationals (not members of the EU) must first reside in Luxembourg for at least 5 consecutive years.
Application for sub-management
The manager/operator of the premises must fill in an application for sub-management and have their signature legalised by presenting themself in person with the completed application form and their identity document:
- either at the communal administration or at a notary, prior to sending the application to the Licensed Premises Department (Service Cabaretage) of the Customs and Excise Agency;
- or directly at the 'Cabaretage' department when submitting the application.
The application must be accompanied by the following documents:
- an extract from the police record (for the assistant manager to be appointed);
- a copy of the foreign identity card (for assistant managers who do not have the Luxembourg nationality);
- a certificate of residence for 5 years (only for third-country nationals).
Validity of the authorisation
When the sub-management is approved, the manager will receive a sub-management certificate which must be kept in the drinking establishment at all times.
The assistant manager is thereby entitled to sell alcoholic beverages in the absence of the manager.
Croix de Gasperich - rue in Bouler
L-1350 - Luxembourg
Postal box B.P. 1122 L-1011 Luxembourg
Fax: (+352) 2818 - 4150
from Monday to Friday from 08.00 - 17.00