Human Resources

Political leave: apply for the reimbursement of the amount of hours worked via

This page was last modified on 02-02-2018

Elected communal representatives and their employers can file their claim for compensation or reimbursement for their hours of political leave for the year 2017 on

The employer of an elected communal representative who is employed in the private or public sector must submit the application for reimbursement to the Ministry of Home Affairs. This will him allow him to recover the salary expenses incurred while the employee was away on political leave.

However, elected representatives who are self-employed have to submit the application for compensation of hours of political leave taken themselves, provided that:

  • they are less than 65 years old;
  • they are not registered with a pension scheme (old age pension, disability or early retirement).

Applications for reimbursement or compensation must be submitted by 30 September 2018 at the latest regarding the hours of political leave worked in 2017.