The Luxembourgish social security system (maternity and health insurance benefits, accident, pension and social benefits) seeks to protect insured individuals against a certain number of potential events that could diminish or eliminate their ability to work, impose additional costs on them, or reduce them to a state of dependency.
Certain administrative formalities must nevertheless be completed in order to be able to benefit from this protection. The formalities may vary depending on whether or not the person concerned resides in Luxembourg.
- Health insurance – maternity
- Long-term care insurance
- Accident insurance
- Patient rights and responsibilities
- Reimbursement of medical expenses
- Maternity leave and family benefits
- Cash compensation in the event of an accident or illness
- End-of-life care
- Survivor benefits in the event of a death
- Social welfare measures
- Settlement of debts